Pupil Premium is an amount of money given to schools by the government for additional support. The amount is calculated on the number of children in the following categories:
- Free School Meals
- Looked after children
- The children of Service Families
In 2015-16, the money was used to part fund:
- A higher level teaching assistant for maths
- A follow up maths training day for all staff
- key workers to support children's emotional well-being
- specific intervention programmes
- Mentor link to support emotional development
Pupil Premium Strategy 2016-17
This year, we will receive £24,200 towards our Pupil Premium fund.
The barriers that our current Pupil Premium children experience are:
- Challenging home finances
- Emotional issues
- Special educational needs
The fund will be used to:
- Pay for wrap around care and school visits to ensure that Pupil Premium children are not diasadvantage.
- Engage the services of Mentor Link to assist with emotional development.
- Pay towards Higher level maths teaching assistant and other TA costs to allow focused interventions
- To pay for a new spelling intervention to provide further strategies for those hard to reach spellers.
- To pay for whole-staff grammar training to ensure that excellent subject knowledge can support pupil premium to develop the required skills.
- Any other cost identified throughout the year deemed relevant to assist.
The impact of interventions will be assessed, as with all other pupils, on a half termly basis using our pupil tracker.
Here is our latest pupil premium report to governors.